We recommend homestay as the best way to experience British life and to practise English.
- Our homestay providers give our students a warm and friendly home
- They treat students as part of the home
- The house is clean and comfortable with adequate heating and lighting
- There is always privacy from members of the opposite sex
Our homestay officer will also make sure your bedroom will have:
- A comfortable bed
- Sufficient hanging and drawer space for your clothes
- A table, chair and lamp for studying (if this is not in the bedroom, you can use another table in a suitable room)
- The room will be clean and you can have fresh bed linen and towels every week
Students will also have access to washing facilities and bathrooms on a daily basis and homestay providers will wash your clothes once a week, or will allow you to use their washing machine.
All adult students have a single room (unless you ask to share with a friend), and we guarantee that you will be the only person who speaks your language in the house (unless you ask to be with a friend).
Students on Young Learner courses usually share. Students who come to LTC as part of a group will normally be put in the same homestay accommodation as another student from their group.
Food at your accommodation
Our homestay accommodation for adults is normally half-board, which means your host will offer breakfast and your evening meal every day. On Saturdays and Sundays, your homestay provider will also offer lunch.
For health and safety reasons please note that it is not possible to use the cooker or oven in your homestay. If you need to use any electrical equipment please speak to your host first.
On school days, adult students can buy lunch at the school. Lunch prices start from £3.50 for a sandwich or £5 for a hot meal. Young Learners will have a hot lunch at the school during the week as part of their programme so there is no additional fee.
For more information, visit our Homestay FAQ page.
Distance Between 10 and 35 minutes walking distance from the school
Number of Students 1-4 (4 is the maximum allowed, except in Private Home Accommodation)