Host our Students
Join the community of homestay providers in Eastbourne
Hosting international students can be a rewarding experience, both culturally and financially.
There are many advantages to hosting students:
Opportunity to increase your understanding of different cultures
- Additional company in your home
- Chance for children to live with an international student
- Make lasting friendships
- Earn additional income from hosting students
Our students require half-board accommodation which includes breakfast and an evening meal every day and lunch at weekends.
Occasionally we receive requests for bed and breakfast only.
You can host adult students (16+) or young learners (13-17).
Live within walking distance of LTC Eastbourne
- Encourage the student to feel at home and to treat him/her as a member of the family rather than a paying guest
- Provide a bedroom with adequate lighting, curtains or blinds, a bed, storage space and a desk, where possible.
- Allow access to communal areas of the house
- Give the student a front door key
- Provide breakfast and dinner every day and lunch at weekends
- Provide clean linen
- Wash student’s laundry once a week
- Hold a DBS check (for students under 18)
- Provide a yearly Gas Certificate
- Provide a yearly Fire Risk Assessment
Distance Within walking distance from the school
Number of Students 1-4 (4 is the maximum allowed, except in Private Home Accommodation)
Age of students Young learners from age 13, Adult students from age 16
Who can host students? A couple with children, a couple without children, singles and single parents
Duration Anything from one week to one year