Summer School for Younger Students (10-17 years old)
Our summer school is the perfect opportunity to learn English and make friends from all over the world.
This year we have two summer school courses available:
1. Standard Summer School (10-17 years old)
2. Semi-Intensive Summer School (14-17 years old)
Our Standard course provides 20 English lessons per week.
Our Semi-Intensive course provides 24 English lessons per week.
Please download our detailed course description here.
Our course objectives are:
1. To give you an experience of English as a living language that will motivate and inspire you to learn English
2. To give you a language boost to increase your confidence and fluency, particularly in listening and speaking
3. To help you improve the level of your English through a combination of language input and practice activities
4. To help you develop the study skills that will enable you to continue to learn English after their course
5. To increase your understanding of and sensitivity towards other cultures
Levels and Progress
For our Standard and Semi-Intensive courses we run classes at five levels:
- Elementary (CEFR A1 – A2) Can communicate with enough language for basic needs and simple situations
- Pre-Intermediate (CEFR A2) Can communicate with enough language for everyday practical needs
- Intermediate (CEFR B1) Can communicate effectively in most situations but sometimes has to work hard to do so
- Upper Intermediate (CEFR B2) Can communicate effectively in most situations and usually can easily re-phrase in order to be understood
- Advanced (CEFR C1) Can communicate effectively in all but the most difficult situations
You will take a test on the first day to place you in the correct level. Your teacher will give you a report and certificate at the end of your course.
Your daily timetable will be as follows:
LTC Eastbourne is in an 18th century mansion, once home to the Duke of Devonshire, near the centre of Eastbourne, one of the most beautiful towns on the south coast of England. Did you know, Eastbourne is one of the sunniest places in the UK?
You will enjoy spending time inside the historic school building and our 10-hectare private garden.
We have dormitory-style residential accommodation above the school for students ages 10-16.
If you are age 13+ you can choose shared homestay accommodation with a local homestay provider. We usually recommend homestay for 17 year-olds.
All homestay providers hosting under 18’s undergo a police check.
Please note that for legal reasons, we cannot offer residential accommodation or homestay in one house for more than 28 days. If you stay longer than 28 days, you must change your accommodation.
You will have a full programme of afternoon and evening activities, plus a half-day excursion every Wednesday and a full-day excursion every Saturday.
Care of Young Students
We have staff who are trained to look after you if you come to LTC Eastbourne without an adult. They will get to know you individually and will be there to help you if you have a problem or a question.
We aim to provide the highest level of care
- Appointed Safeguarding Lead
- All members of staff undergo a police check
- All homestay providers hosting under 18’s undergo a police check
- Staff are trained in the safeguarding of under 18’s
- Designated staff responsible for student well-being
- Trained first aiders
- Friendly and approachable staff
- Quality student support in accordance with best practice and British Council guidelines
Price List 2017
Please see our prices page for special offers and promotions, and full information on all fees and charges.
|Standard Summer School||£550 per week|
|Semi Intensive Summer School||£575 per week|
Course Dates 11 June 2017 - 20 August 2017
Lessons per Week 20 lessons (15 hours)
Lesson Timetable 09:00-12:30 Monday-Friday
Age Range 10-17. The average age of students is 14-15
Class Size 16 maximum
Course Length 1-10 weeks
Minimum Stay 1 week, Sunday - Sunday
Levels Elementary (A1-A2) to Advanced (C1)
Certificate and Report At the end of the course
PriceStandard/Semi Intensive £550 per week/£575 per week