LTC Brighton has now merged with LSI Brighton
LSI has been been providing language training since 1965 and now has fourteen schools around the world. LSI Brighton is fully accredited by the British Council. To book courses at LSI Brighton or to find out more information, please visit the LSI website:
13 Ventnor Villas
Brighton, BN3 3DD
Tel. +44 (0)1273 722 060
LTC Eastbourne is now operating as an independent English language school. To contact LTC Eastbourne, please click on the link below.
This page has questions and answers about the homestay and private home accommodation arranged by LTC Brighton.
Please contact us if you have any more questions.
How do you choose your homestay providers?
- All new homestay providers are asked to complete a comprehensive questionnaire so we know all about them.
- The accommodation officer then visits them, inspects their home, talks to all the household members (if possible) and guides them through the rules and regulations. If they are suitable, we will give them a trial.
- A homestay provider will not be used if feedback is consistently poor or they break guidelines.
What can I do if I’m unhappy with my homestay?
- Go and see the homestay officer immediately.
- You can tell your teacher and ask them to speak to the homestay officer.
- During the first week, you are given a questionnaire. You should fill it in and say if you are not happy.
Can I change my homestay?
- Yes, the school will change your homestay immediately if there is a serious problem or the homestay provider does not follow the English UK code of practice.
- If there is a small problem, we will try to resolve it for you and the homestay provider first.
- However, if you are not happy (but there is no strong reason) you can move if you give one week’s notice and we have other hosts available to take you.
- However, if you do not give us the notice, you must pay one week’s money to the homestay provider (via the school).
- Normally, we can help you find a new home three times, no more.
Will I get my homestay money back if I move from homestay to live independently or with friends?
- Yes, you will get 100% refund if you give the required one week’s (seven days’) notice.
Will I have to do my own laundry?
- It depends on the homestay provider and the student. Most homestay providers will do your laundry, but some may show you how to use the washing machine so that you can wash your own clothes.
Will I have a single room?
- All adult students are placed in a single room unless they ask to share with a friend or partner who is also studying here.
Can I choose my homestay provider?
- No, that would be difficult for us, but we do look at your preferences carefully, e.g. if you have an allergy to pet hair or certain food types, do not eat meat, etc.
Can I smoke in the house?
- Probably not. If you smoke, you should expect to go outside.
For more information about staying in homestay please see our student information website.
Please see all sections of the price pages to calculate the fees for your course.