LTC London has now closed
For courses in London, LTC recommends LSI schools. LSI has been providing language training since 1965 and now has fourteen schools around the world, including central London and Hampstead. LSI schools in the UK are fully accredited by the British Council. To book courses at LSI London Central or LSI London Hampstead, or to find out more information, please visit the LSI website:
LSI London Central
19-21 Ridgmount Street
London, WC1E 7AH
Tel: +44 (0)207 467 6500
LSI London Hampstead
13 Lyndhurst Terrace
London, NW3 5QA
Tel: 44 (0)20 7794 8111
LTC Eastbourne is now operating as an independent English language school. To contact LTC Eastbourne, please click on the link below.
This page has questions and answers about the homestay accommodation arranged by LTC London.
Please contact us if you have any more questions
How do you choose your homestay providers?
- All new homestay providers are asked to complete a comprehensive questionnaire so we know all about them.
- The homestay officer then visits them, inspects their home, talks to all the household members (if possible) and guides them through the necessary rules and regulations. If they are suitable, we will give them a trial.
- A homestay provider will be dropped if feedback is consistently poor or they break guidelines.
Can students change homestay?
- The school will change your homestay immediately if there is a serious problem or the family does not follow English UK code of practice.
- If there is a small problem, we will try to resolve it for you and the homestay provider first.
- However, if you are not happy (but there is no strong reason) you can move if you give one week notice and we have homestay accommodation available to take you.
- However, if we do not receive notice, you must pay one week’s money to the homestay provider.
- Normally, we can help you find a new home three times, no more.
What can a student do if he/she is unhappy with the homestay provider?
- Go and see the homestay officer immediately.
- You can tell your teacher and ask them to speak to the homestay officer.
- At the end of the first week, you are given a questionnaire. You should fill it in and say you are not happy.
Do students get their homestay money back if they move to a flat from a homestay?
- Yes, you will get 100% refund if you give the required one week’s notice.
Do students have to do their own laundry?
- It depends on the homestay provider and the student. Most homestay providers are happy to put the student’s washing in with their own.
Do students have a single room?
- All adult students are placed in a single room unless you request to share with a friend. All young learners share.
Can students choose which home to stay in?
- No, that would be difficult for us, but we do look at your preferences carefully if you do not like pets, love children or smoke etc.
For more information about staying with in homestay accommodation please see our Student Information Website.