At LTC London, we have a maximum of only 12 students per class. This is smaller than most other schools in London and means our teachers can give you more individual attention.
We aim to enable you to communicate effectively in English across borders and cultures by:
- Increasing your confidence and fluency in English, particularly in listening and speaking
- Improving the level of your English through a combination of language input and practice in the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Developing the study skills that will enable you to continue to learn English after your course.
We lend you a coursebook (you don’t have to pay extra). This will be the basis of your course but your teacher will also bring in extra materials to make sure your course meets your specific needs.
You will have regular homework to consolidate what you learn in class and you can use our computers and student study centre for further practice. We also arrange fun social activities where you can practise English with friends in an informal setting.
Levels and Progress
You will have a test on your first day to place you in a class at the right level. Our weekly progress tests and monthly tutorials make sure you move up to a higher level as soon as you are ready.
The levels are:
- Elementary (CEFR A1-A2) Can communicate with enough language for basic needs and simple situations.
- Pre-Intermediate (CEFR A2) Can communicate with enough language for everyday practical needs.
- Intermediate (CEFR B1) Can communicate effectively in most situations but sometimes has to work hard to do so.
- Upper Intermediate (CEFR B2) Can communicate effectively in most situations and can usually easily re-phrase in order to be understood.
- Advanced (CEFR C1) Can communicate effectively in all but the most difficult situations.
For further information, see the course description.
LTC London is a certified TOEIC test centre. You can also take IELTS, KET, PET, FCE, CAE, BEC or TOEFL in London and you can transfer to Exam Preparation classes if your English is the correct level and we have spaces in these classes.
Certificates and Reports
At the end of your studies with LTC you will be given a certificate and a report from your teacher, provided you have attended at least 80% of your lessons.
Please note that there are no classes on public holidays. See the Prices page for details.
Price List 2013
Please see our fees page for special offers and promotions, and full information on all fees and charges.
|Weeks||Price per week|