The Summer Afternoon Course runs from 8 July to 9 August 2013. You study 20 lessons in the afternoons. Lessons start at 2.00pm and finish at 5.30pm. You have free time in the morning, before coming to school.
We aim to enable you to communicate effectively in English across borders and cultures by:
- Increasing your confidence and fluency in English, particularly in listening and speaking
- Improving the level of your English through a combination of language input and practice in the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Developing the study skills that will enable you to continue to learn English after your course.
We lend you a coursebook (you don’t have to pay extra). This will be the basis of your course but your teacher will also bring in extra materials to make sure your course meets your specific needs.
You will have regular homework to consolidate what you learn in class and you can use our library or study centre for self study. We also arrange fun social activities where you can practise English with friends in an informal setting.
Levels and Progress
You will have a test on your first day to place you in a class at the right level. Your teachers will review your progress regularly to make sure you can move up to a higher level if you are ready.
The levels are:
- Elementary (CEFR A1-A2) Can communicate with enough language for basic needs and simple situations.
- Pre-Intermediate (CEFR A2) Can communicate with enough language for everyday practical needs.
- Intermediate (CEFR B1) Can communicate effectively in most situations but sometimes has to work hard to communicate effectively.
- Upper Intermediate (CEFR B2) Can communicate effectively in most situations and can usually easily re-phrase in order to be understood.
For further information, see the course description.
Certificates and Reports
At the end of your studies with LTC you will be given a certificate and a report from your teacher, provided you have attended at least 80% of your lessons.
Price List 2013
Please see our fees page for special offers and promotions, and full information on all fees and charges.
|Weeks||Price per week|
|Any||£115 (20 lessons)|